Sunday, December 21, 2008

Update on our little Krew...







Krew's first time being burped
Krew's first time eating
Krew's bear we made for him at Build a Bear

Hello everyone! This is Ashley finally! First of all I want to say THANKS so so so soooo much to all of you for all your love and support and for all of your prayers! We can't say thank you enough! We have been soooo blessed and continue to be blessed every day! Every day something changes and gets better! Our little guy is so strong and is healing very quickly! They did his eating test on Thursday to see if there were any leaks where his esophagus was stitched together and they found no leaks! Yay! So he finally got to eat after a whole week! And we finally got to hold him again! It was a very exciting day! He has to drink my milk out of a bottle right now for a few days so they can measure how much he is getting and work him up to 2 ounces. Then when he is up to 2 ounces I will finally be able to breast feed him! He is a very good eater but his poor little stomach isn't digesting it all very well! He is only digesting a little bit at a time. As far as a coming home date- We aren't quite sure. We are hoping next weekend! The doctors said he has to be up to full feedings and be digesting it all and then he also has to be able to maintain a good body temperature on his own without his heated light above his bed! He is doing very well though and is such a strong little guy! We are so proud of him! He is our little hero! We love him so much! As you have all probably read we have had so many neat experiences while we have been down here! Tyson and I have always been close but this sure has brought us so much closer together! He is such an amazing dad and husband! I admire and adore him so much! Thanks again to everyone for everything! We sure are blessed to have such good family and friends! We love you all! We hope you all have a very good Christmas!  


10 comments:

Josie said...

Im so sorry to hear that you guys are having such a hard time with that darling little baby! He is seriosly so cute! I hope things will start going better, it sounds like you have been able to make some good out of all the not so good that has been thrown your way! Keep your head up, we will keep you in our prayers! Hope he gets to come home for Christmas!

nickandmindi said...

I got teary eyed looking at those pictures! I am so sorry for all you guys are going thro! I am glad that you guys are doing so good!!!! You guys are so strong! Krew is SO darling! He has so much hair!! He is so precious! Ash you look dang good!! We love you guys so much and are so glad that everything is going good! I hope we can see you before christmas, but if not have a very good one. We will continue to pray for you guys!! Love you guys!!

me and him said...

I am so glad things are looking up for your family ash. we have been thinking of you often, and continue to pray for his quick recovery! you all look so great in the pics. i remember when bowen was born, he too had a hard time maintaining good temperature. i had to do a lot of skin ro skin contact and it was such a bonding experiance for me to keep my baby warm. You are such a WONDERFUL mother, i can tell. you will cherish these precious days with your baby for years to come. and when he's coloring on the wall, you'll realize time goes by TOO fast! have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS with your lil' family! we love yoU!

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

Yeah for the update! I am so happy to hear that Krew is doing so well! He is so cute! I think about you everyday and hope your doing well, its good to see that things are going the way they need to! You look great and are such an amazing lady! I can't wait to meet your little guy. Let us know if you need anything, we are praying for you!

toky said...

Hey Guys,
We are glad that Krew is doing so well. He has been in our prayers. We hope to see you soon. Have a "Merry Christmas" if we don't see you before then. Love Rod and Toky

Taylor Jewell said...

It's good to hear that things are going ok. He is such an adorable little baby. Hang in there. It looks like you guys are doing great. We will keep you in our prayers. Love you guys

jhjonze said...

I'm so glad things are getting better. I was waiting for this update. Hopefully he can come home soon and all will be well. I will keep praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh I am so glad to finally hear from you that things are going so well for you guys! I am so glad! I check your blog daily to make sure I dont miss anything! We love you guys and he is SO DARN CUTE! Have an awesome Christmas

Evan and Gina said...

We are so happy things are getting better for the both of you and for little Krew. He is so darling and sweet... we love you guys....merry christmas Ash, Tyson and Krew..

The Brown Family said...

Im so glad to hear that Krew is doing better. He is seriously the cutest little guy! You guys are truly amazing to be handiling things so strongly. I bet it's so hard not being able to just take your baby home with you. Soon enough it will happen. We will keep praying for you all. Let me know if there is anything I can do for you guys! I hope you have a Merry Christmas!!!