Saturday, December 27, 2008

Best News Ever....

Well before I get to the really good news (which you can probably already guess what it is) I will tell you about the last couple of days! We had a very good and fun Christmas with our baby boy! On Christmas Eve we got to bath him for the first time! It was a bit of a challenge because we had to leave him in his crib and sponge bath him because of his pic line in his arm! But we had a lot of fun doing it! On Christmas day when we arrived at the hospital we saw that Santa had visited all the babies in the NICU! He spoiled them! Krew got some more clothes, blankets, books, toys, socks, and money! This Christmas has been very different for us but we will never forget it! It was a very special one and has really made us realize what Christmas is all about! On Christmas night the doctors told us that if Krew didn't improve his eating by the morning they were going to have to put his feeding tube back in! This would be a major set back! We were a bit bummed! Well on Friday morning when we talked to the doctor they said he ate better than he ever has! Almost doubling his numbers! So not only did they not have to put back in his feeding tube but they also took out his pic line! It was very exciting! All of the doctors were so impressed and happy! So the great news is that we get to go home on Monday!!! Yippee!!!! As long as he keeps doing what he is doing! Which he will because he is such a strong and healthy little boy! We have had so many miracles and blessings poured upon us these past few weeks! We are overwhelmed with gratitude and love for all of you and our families and even complete strangers! We can't quite put into words how grateful we are for all of you! We love you all very much and we can't wait for you all to meet our precious little Krew!!

Christmas Day! I bought him a Christmas outfit to wear but he peed all over it so they had to put him back in hospital clothes! So I will have to take pictures of him in them later!


After his bath Tyson decided to comb his hair into a mohawk! 

15 comments:

me and him said...

YAY! i'm so excited for you guys! gotta love 'lil boys...they pee on everything!! i love the binkie pics they make me realize how tiny he is. so sweet. i'm glad you had a good christmas. love you guys.

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

How exciting! I am so happy for you, how sweet these little babies are!

The Brown Family said...

Im so glad to hear you guys get to come home so soon! I bet you sure are ready. Let me know when you want visitors, I would love to come see Krew. He is so stinkin cute. He looks like Tyson to me in those last pictures you posted. Well I'm super happy for you guys. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

Kelly and Whitney said...

Wahoo! Im so excited for you guys! Im glad he is doing good. He is adorable , love the mohawk. Im glad your all doing great and had a awesome christmas.

whitney said...

Ash! Congrats on the baby! He is precious! How are you doing? It's been forever!

Anonymous said...

YEah Yeah I am so happy he is comeing home! He is looking so so good to! Love you! Cant wait to meet him!

Taylor Jewell said...

Yay! How exciting. Congrats. He is such a cute baby. I'm glad christmas was good. When you guys get home and settled it would be fun to come see him.

Fierce & Free said...

I am so happy for you guys!!!! YAY!!!!! He is soooo beautiful!!! I can't believe how much hair he has.. He is definitely a little fighter just like his mommy!!! I'm so happy for you guys! You're amazing!!!

rosie said...

That's the best news ever! He certainly looks healthy-and so beautiful. Oh, sorry Tyson, I mean handsome! Your family will have a great new year!

Mckade.Stacie.Navie said...

oh my he is darling! we are so excited for you and excited to meet him! im so happy you get to come home today!!

The Jensen Family said...

That is great news; he is such a qt. I'm glad you had a great christmas, especially with everything you are going through. We think of your little Krew all the time, I'm glad things are going good!

James & Shawn said...

He is so cute! I am so glad to hear the good news. I really look up to the two of you for the many trials you have been through. I can't imagine how hard this would be. You guys continue to stay in our thoughts and prayers. We love you!

nickandmindi said...

Yeah!! We want to come meet the little guy!! He is so darling! I am glad that you guys finally get to come home and be a little family! He's so cute!! We will call you guys! We want to come see you guys!!!

Candice said...

We are so excited to hear you got your baby home. That he is healthy and happy, we are so excited for you!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

YAHOO!!! I am SO happy that things are going so much better! OK, I have the cutest idea for you- One of my girl friends older sister is doing this and I want to when I have a baby too. At her babies one month birthday she took a picture of him with a paper that she wrote "1 Month Old" on ans set next to him and she also set a teddy bear next to him. Then, at 2 months she did the same thing, just to see how much he has grown. It's cool cause obviously the teddy bear didn't grow, but you can see how much Krew grew! Just an idea! Let us know if we can do anything for you guys!