Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Two weeks old...

Well tomorrow Krew will be two weeks old! These past two weeks have flown right by! Which makes me both happy and sad! Happy because it seems like we haven't been down here for that long and sad because I feel like I have missed out on his first two weeks of life! Even though I have been to the hospital every day to see him it's just not the same as being able to be at home with him and hold him when ever I want! I just have to remember how blessed we are to have him and how everything has worked out so well for us. Everything has gone perfectly for us considering the situation. There are babies in there with him that have been in there for much longer. One baby girl has been in there since June and she is blind in one eye and has a broken femur. It is so sad to see but her mom is so positive about it all and I haven't heard her complain once! We have met so many neat people while we have been down here and everyone has been so good to us! 
Well Tyson had to go back home for a few days to work so Krew and I have been able to spend some time together alone! Even though I would rather have it be the three of us, I have been able to bond with him a little! He finally graduated to a crib today! He is maintaining his body temperature a lot better and his feeding tube got taken out too! Yay! No more tube down his throat! He also is no longer a naked baby! He gets to wear clothes now! No word yet on when we get to go back home  but we are looking forward to our first Christmas together as a family! We hope you all have a very Merry Christmas and we love you all!!





9 comments:

Tyler & Laura said...

He just gets cuter and cuter and cuter! What a precious boy. I'm so glad he's making such good progress!

Cassie said...

Ash-I miss you sooooo much! And christmas is just not going to be the same without you guys...(Even though nothing about this years Christmas will be the same for us!!) But I am just so happy for you guys and the cute little family you have made! You guys mean so much to us, and we want you to know that we are here for you-whatever you need! Your in our hearts and prayers! I am so sorry I have not been able to be there with you=( It makes me feel like a horrible sister! But I love you and just know that I am there in spirit and heart! Krew is so adorable, and you look so happy when you are holding him and with him! You make a beautiful mother! I Love you to death- you and lish are my best friends! I hope I can come see you again soon! Love you and MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Jeremy and Chari Gallup said...

How exciting! You both are looking so good and I am so glad to hear about his progress! You will in your comfy little home before you know it! I hope you three have a very Merry Christmas, it will for sure be one you will never forget! No baby here yet but I will keep you posted...I hope I make as good of a mommy as you! Love you and know we are thinking of you, let us know if you need anything!

me and him said...

he is such a beautiful baby! and you are such a gorgeous mom! i'm so happy he's doing so well! what a great Christmas present!

Karly & Greg Palmer said...

He is so darn cute! We can't wait for you guys to come back home so we can finally meet the little guy! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Yeah he is off the tubs and stuff that is so great! Ash you are so cute and he is just adorable! We love you we hope you have a great Christmas its a great gift a baby I want one :) have fun with him!

rosie said...

I am so thankful that Krew is doing so well. This Christmas will be one you will never forget-who knows it may end up being your all time favorite! I love all of you and hope you are all home soon.

Jen Cutler said...

Awh, he is so cute. I just want to love on him! I love little babies. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Bonnie said...

He is the CUTEST baby!! You look pretty darn good, too! You will always remember this Christmas. I hope the memories are beautiful. It may be different--but it certainly is one of miracles. Your little family is so loved. Wish we could come up there, but I am so afraid of bringing bad germs. Merry Christmas! I love you.