Friday, October 17, 2008

GRACE

Grace Page Turpin
Sept. 21, 1922 - Oct. 16, 2008
My Grandma Grace hasn't been doing very well these past few years. The doctors and nurses had told us quite a few times that she probably wouldn't make it very much longer. But every time she pulled through. It just never was the right time for her to go. Well yesterday my mom called me and told me she wasn't doing well again and that she probably wouldn't make it through the next couple of days. So last night me and my sisters went to visit her. My mom and her sisters were there also and as we all stood around her bed she passed away. I feel so blessed that we were there with her when it happened. She passed away so quickly and so peacefully. It was quite an amazing experience. We all could feel the spirit there with us so strongly. We will miss her soooo much but we are so happy for her. What a peaceful feeling it is to know that she is in Heaven with her husband and the rest of her family and that she is happy now. She was such an amazing person to everyone that knew her. We were all so close to her and we feel so blessed to have her as our Grandma. She truly is a woman of grace!  We sure will miss you Grandma and we love you so so sooo much!

12 comments:

jhjonze said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad for your grandma. My grandma was sick for a long time too before she died and it was kind of a relief to not see her suffer anymore.

Bonnie said...

I love those pictures of Grace. What a treat to see her as a young woman! How beautiful she was! Grace WAS an amazing woman. I've missed seeing her at family gatherings. I know it's hard to let her go. She was sure blessed with 3 very beautiful granddaughters! Love you.

rosie said...

I hadn't heard that your grandma had died until I read your blog. I am very sorry for all of you, but I am very glad you were all together and able to say "good-bye" to her. I've known her a long time and she was always so sweet to me. I remember going to her house and being shown some of her treasures. She treasured all of you very much.

Anonymous said...

Oh sad but nice that your grandma is in heaven that is a cute picture of you guys!

me and him said...

wow. i read this and the memories came pouring in. all the times we played dress up in her old fancy gowns, played chinese checkers (which i was always the first one out) and all the mac and cheese cooked up in that house. oh and watching Miss America over there (while in the fancy dresses of course!) what a wonderful women she is. and definatly full of grace. but how lucky to have such an amazing granddaughter. hope this is a wonderful time of memories for you and that you find comfort knowing she is home. i send my love.

Cassie said...

When I seen that picture of us and her, I just cryed! But then I laughed remembering all those times we had together! She was so adorable, I just love her so much!

Jeanette said...

I love your blog of grandma (mom). Thanks for the beautiful thoughts. I love that picture of my favorite women in my life. I am very blessed with my three beautiful daughters and all my grandchildren. I can't wait to see little "Crew" as she is now with him, how dear and special it must be to reunite with all her loved ones. I love you! You and your sisters have brought (Grace) in my life forever. I love you! MOM

The Brown Family said...

So sorry to hear about your grandma! It's always so hard having someone so close to you pass away! It's so good to know what we know about this life! I'm sure she is so happy to be with her husband again! How are you feeling these days? It's been forever since I have seen you. I think Cassie and I are trying to plan lunch or something soon so you will have to come with us!

Taiya Brown said...

I'm way sorry about you grandma ash. But that so nice you were able to be there with her and see her before.

nickandmindi said...

I am SO sorry about your grandma! She seems like a very sweet lady! I am glad that you guys got to be there with her!

rosie said...

Ashley, check out wwwdotbabynameworlddotcom. If you haven't decided on a name yet, you may get a kick out of this site!

Tyler & Laura said...

Oh, I got goosebumps reading that! She seems like she was just a remarkable woman.