Saturday, May 17, 2008

I'm.......PREGNANT!!!!

Yay!! I finally have something exciting to write about! We found out a about three weeks ago that we are expecting our first baby! We are so excited and can't wait! I am about eight weeks along on Tuesday and they set my due date for Dec. 23rd! We got to go to our first Dr.'s appointment last Wednesday and I had my first ultrasound done! We got to hear our baby's heartbeat and they said everything is looking good! It was the most amazing experience EVER! I have to say though that morning sickness should NOT be called morning sickness... it's more like all day sickness! Some days I feel just fine but it seems like if I wake up feeling sick than I feel sick most of the day! But I did hear it's a good sign that everything is going ok so I guess it's all worth it! Well since most of you are all mothers (and very good ones) I need lots and lots of advice!  

8 comments:

Gailey Family said...

WOOHOOO! I am super excited for you guys. And so excited we will have babies so close, they can be buddies! I know how the morning sickness goes, I am sorry you got stuck with it. It is not fun, but it never lasts long and now they have great drugs to help with some of the nausea. Keep us posted on everything. And CONGRATS again!

alli said...

oh that's so exciting. congrats!! well i'm not a mom so i have no advice. but i do know that its the most happy time. so embrace it! congrats again.

me and him said...

YAY!!! i'm so happy for you! this is so exciting! hang in there with the whole morning sickness thing...it does get better! (at least for most!) i used to suck on "preggo pops" to help with the nausea...you should try them! enjoy this....nine months can go so much faster than you ever imagine, and believe me they are always eaiser to care for when they're inside...so just enjoy!i'm soo soooo sooooo happy for you! let's have a shower!!!!

Jen Cutler said...

Ash,
I am so glad to hear all is well. Morning sickness sucks. Prenatal vitamins just make it worse. I recommened Flinstones chewables instead. Also, I suggest a lot of rest while you weather out the next month , month and a half. Perfect excuse to do nothing! Oh, which reminds me, thanks for the heads up on my pedi with Raj when I was prego. You saved me from throwing up what was left of my breakfast.

nickandmindi said...

ASH, how are you feeling? I hope you are feeling a little bit better! We are good down here in Texas! I do miss our dinners! I have still been cooking for everyone but I don't think I am going to anymore! It is too much work! I think I will just do it one night a week or something! It is so hot here tho! The humidity! YUCK! but I guess its fun for swimming! I hope everything is good with you guys! We miss ya!!

Amy said...

Ashley! Congrats! That is wonderful news!!! Sorry about the nausea. Happens to the best of us. As crazy and uninviting as it sounds, exercise always took the edge off of my nausea, just simply walking on the treadmill or doing the elliptical helped a ton. Good luck! I am so excited for you guys!!

Ryan and Alisha said...

Ashley, update your blog!!!!

Mel and David said...

ASHLEY!! Hey! I haven't talked to you forever, I just started lookin at everyone's blogs! It is really fun to see what you have been up to... and CONGRATS! I am so excited for you! I hope all is well!