Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Better late then never....

Well we FINALLY have the internet again, so it's time for a little update. Or more like big update. I know I say this all the time but I seriously can't believe how big my baby boy is getting! He is 11 months old now and is getting bigger by the second! He started walking when he was about 9 1/2 months old and hasn't slowed down since! He is such a determined and smart little guy! He is also quite the entertainer! The other night I was getting him ready for bed when he decided to put his pajama shirt over his head so it was covering his eyes. Then he started walking around the room and would purposely bonk into the couch and fall over while laughing his head off! He did this for about ten minutes and was laughing non stop! I tried to get the video camera out, but of course it was dead! So maybe next time I will be prepared!
About eight weeks ago I noticed he was having a hard time swallowing and he was getting his acid reflux really bad! When I would try to feed him he would start choking a lot so I called his doctors office down at Primary Childrens so he could be seen. They had warned me from his first surgery when he was born that his esophagus might restrict on him where they had connected it and that he would maybe need some more surgeries to stretch it. Well it did restrict quite a bit! It was about 4-5 mm and a baby his age is usually about 12 mm. So he has had to have surgery every other Thursday since then and has his last one (for now) tomorrow! They are not near as complicated as his first one when he was born and they also can do these ones by going down his throat with a scope instead of through his side! So we are very grateful for that! We are so proud of him too! He does so good with them and always makes a speedy recovery! I count my blessings every day that I have him! He is the most precious gift I could ever ask for! He has the sweetest little spirit and we just love him so sooo much!
Well we had a very fun Halloween! It was so much fun to dress Krew up! He didn't like his costume very much at first but he got more used to it. He was for sure the cutest lion I have ever seen!
Tyson's Grammers and Grandpa came to visit us last month and helped work on our house! His Grandpa was such a big help and I loved spending time with his Grandma while the guys were busy working away! Our house is coming along pretty fast. They are almost done with the sheet rocking and the siding. It's looking so awesome! It's beginning to feel more real to me now that we will be in our own home in just a couple months! I can't wait!!
Sorry about the long post and all the pictures! I hope you enjoy them! :)






















11 comments:

Cassie said...

He is so stinking cute! Krew...not Tyson! Ha ha! I can't believe Tyson didn't scare the crap out of Krew! Fun pictures!

Taylor Jewell said...

Love the family pictures. You are gorgeous Ashley. Krew's Halloween costume is adorable I love that you painted his little nose. Hope everything continues to go well with his surgeries and healing.

marci said...

ash, i love all the pictures. your family is so dang cute! and how exciting for you to be building a new house! so fun! i hope krew gets better with all these surgeries he's having...poor little man!

Jessica said...

Ash, So glad I found your blog. The three of you are so cute. I am glad to know what is going on with Krew. I was just seeing your posts on FB about him going in for surgerys and not really knowing what why this sweet boy was having to have surgerys.
Like I said, let me know if you guys need a room while you are down here. We can help. take care.

Unknown said...

Your Halloween costumes are amazing! Tyson looks so freaky! And Krew is so stinking cute!

rosie said...

Hey it's great to see you posting again!! Krew is sure getting big. I'm glad he is doing fine. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. It's fun to see pics of your house-keep them coming!! Love ya.

nickandmindi said...

I love all the pictures! They are so cute! Krew is adorable! I can't believe he is so big!

Your halloween costumes were great! Tyson was so scary!

K S & R said...

Was Krew a little scared of his daddy on Halloween? Your costumes are great! Thanks for the update post! ps It was great to see you at SARC!

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

Your house is really coming along! Awesome!!! I'm super jealous! Krew is SO SO SO adorable- not that you didn't already know that!

Taiya Brown said...

I LOVE all the family pictures! They turned out way good:) It was fun seeing you guys a few weeks ago, we need to get together more often!

jhjonze said...

I love all the pictures! Let me know when the house is done, I would love to come see it!